레이디스 코드 (Eng: LADIES' CODE) is a South Korean girl group formed by Polaris Entertainment in 2013.
To date, they have released three EPs and seven singles, as well as two songs featured on compilations.
→ see DiscographyThe girls began training and living together several months prior to their debut.
A comeback was originally scheduled for late July 2013, but was postponed due to Zuny injuring her knee during a dance practice. Instead, they released the song Hate You as a single, along with its music video, on August 6th.
The music video and the single for So Wonderful were both released on February 13th, 2014.
LADIES' CODE was featured on the original soundtrack for the drama Grandpas Over Flowers Investigation Team with their song Make Me Go Crazy, released on May 16th.
On August 7th, they released the single KISS KISS, along with a music video.
WARNING: The following contains sensitive information.
→ see the Wikipedia page for more details about the accidentAt 1:20AM on September 3rd, 2014, LADIES' CODE's manager crashed their van. EunB was killed almost immediately while Rise and Sojung were severely injured. After many hours of surgery, Rise succumbed to her injuries at 10:10AM on September 7th. Sojung underwent several surgeries on her face and was able to fully recover. Ashley and Zuny only received minor injuries.
In mid-September, Polaris released a music video for I'm Fine Thank You in honor of the lost girls, which included behind-the-scenes footage.
In late May 2015, it was announced that a memorial concert was being planned. The "I'm Fine Thank You Rise & EunB Memorial Concert" was held on August 22nd in Tokyo, Japan, at the Shinagawa Stellar-ball, in honor of Rise's dream that the band would someday perform in her home country.
At the concert, Polaris artists Kim Bum Soo, IVY, Rumble Fish, Sun Woo, Han Heejun, and Sojung performed a cover of I'm Fine Thank You. A music video, featuring the singers and videos of EunB and Rise, was projected onto a screen. The video and the single were later released on September 3rd, 2015, the one-year anniversary of the accident and EunB's death.
Ashley, Sojung, and Zuny performed their first song since the accident, I'll Smile Even if it Hurts, at the concert. It was released as a digital single on September 7th, the one-year anniversary of Rise's death, along with a lyric video.
The proceeds of these two songs were to be donated to charity.
Music history (continued)
On February 24th, 2016, LADIES' CODE officially returned as a trio with their album MYST3RY. The music video for Galaxy was also released that day. The album is the first part of a project called the Healing Trilogy.
A remix album, MYST3Re:, was released on March 30th.
On January 7th, 2017, LADIES' CODE appeared on the show Immortal Songs 2: Singing the Legend. They covered the song Butterfly by Loveholics. Their version of the song was released on a compilation album from that episode the same day.
On February 4th, the group competed on the JTBC singing show Sing For You. The girls and the ethnic fusion band 2nd Moon performed the song All That Time, which was composed specifically for their performance on the show. This song was released on a compilation album the following day, along with the other songs from the episode.
- Kwon Rise † - sub vocal
- Choi Bitna (Ashley) - second vocal / leader
- Go Eunbi (EunB) † - sub vocal
- Lee Sojung - main vocal
- Kim Jumi (Zuny) - sub vocal / maknae
- LADIES' CODE's name is meant to represent what women think and feel. Their goal is to represent women all over the world and tell their stories through charismatic and dramatic performances on stage.
- "레코" (LaCo) is the shortened name for LADIES' CODE in Korean. In English, it is typically shortened to its initials, "LC".
- Their fans are called Lavely, a combination of the words "ladies" and "lovely".
- The girls have cited Brown Eyed Girls and Wonder Girls as influences for their music.
- ↑ 아시아경제 - 레이디스코드 주니, 연습 중 '앗!'… 무릎 부상으로 컴백 '무기한 연기'
- ↑ StarN - "레이디스코드 1주기 추모 음원 ‘I'm Fine Thank You’ 공개"
- ↑ YouTube - I'M: LADIES` CODE(레이디스 코드)_Pretty Pretty(예뻐 예뻐)
- ↑ YouTube - LADIES CODE OFFICIAL YOUTUBE CHANNEL OPEN!! ver. ENGLISH
- ↑ 헤럴드경제 - ‘실력파 5인조 걸그룹’ 레이디스 코드 “브아걸이 롤모델, 노래·춤·연기까지 완벽한 퍼포먼스 그룹 될래요”
- ↑ 뉴스엔 - 레이디스코드 “원더걸스 같은 국민돌 되고싶다”(가요광장)