고은비 (Eng: Go Eunbi, also known as EunB) was a sub vocalist of LADIES' CODE. She passed away in the car accident on September 3rd, 2014.
→ see DiscographyEunB's individual teaser for Bad Girl was released on February 27th, 2013, with the final music video released on March 7th. The EP CODE#01 나쁜여자 was also released on this day.
The first teaser image for So Wonderful was a picture of Rise wrapped in transparent plastic wrap, released on February 6th, 2014. The music video and the single were both released on the 13th, with promotions beginning the next day.
A video teaser for KISS KISS was released on August 1st, 2014. The music video and the single, both physical and digital, came out on the 7th.
Car accident & death
On their way back to Seoul from their final performance of KISS KISS, on September 3rd, 2014, LADIES' CODE's manager, Mr. Park, lost control of their van due to speeding in rainy conditions, and crashed into a protective wall. EunB was killed almost immediately, while Rise sustained the worst injuries. She later died on the 7th.
Her funeral was on the 5th at Seoul Memorial Park. She was cremated afterwards and laid to rest at Bundang Sky Castle Memorial Park.
A week after her death, Polaris released a music video for I'm Fine Thank You in honor of the lost girls, which included footage mainly focused on her and Rise.
In late May, 2015, it was announced that a memorial concert for Rise and EunB would be held in Tokyo, Japan, at the Shinagawa Stellar-ball, in honor of Rise's dream that the band would someday perform in her home country. The concert was held on August 22nd. Several of their fellow labelmates performed their cover of I'm Fine Thank You. Ashley, Sojung, and Zuny performed their first song since the accident, 아파도 웃을래. The digital singles of these songs were released on the one-year anniversaries of the deaths of EunB and Rise, respectively. The proceeds of these songs were to be donated to charity.
At the concert, Sojung said "I hope that this song would be able to touch Rise-unnie and EunB-unnie. We, Ladies’ Code, are forever 5 members, so please watch over us and I hope that you will not forget." Ashley added, in Japanese, "Having a concert in Japan was Rise’s dream, so there is more meaning added to it this time. I’m definite that Rise and EunB are thinking of us in heaven right now. To us, Rise and EunB were angels who were our friends as well as family. I really miss them. Everyone, in order for Rise and EunB to not be forgotten, please continue to remember them forever."
On February 24th, 2016, LADIES' CODE returned as a trio with their album MYST3RY. At the comeback showcase on that same day, after their first performance of Galaxy, Zuny cried as she said "The three of us will try our best to make up for EunB and Rise's absence."
- Her in-law was SBS anchorman Kim Sung Joon.
- EunB shared a dorm room with Rise and Ashley.
- Her nickname was EunVitamin because of her optimistic and bright personality and ability to give others strength.
- At the Jamsil Baseball Stadium on April 1st, 2014, LADIES' CODE performed before the beginning of the LG Twins baseball game. The girls wore jerseys with their names on the back along with a number. EunB's number was 51.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Official Profile
- ↑ Officially Kmusic - "Vocalist, Friend, Daughter – A Look At The Unfairly Short Life of EunB"
- ↑ Naver - "한림연예고 아이유 Boo 댄스"
- ↑ I'm Kpop - "AOA And Other Members Who Trained With EunB Send Condolences"
- ↑ Billboard - "Ladies' Code Involved in Fatal Car Accident: EunB Dead, Two Members Severely Injured"
- ↑ Naver - "레이디스코드 권리세, 7일 오전 끝내 세상 떠났다"
- ↑ Mwave - "Family of Ladies' Code EunB to Quietly Remember Her on the 49th Day Since Her Passing"
- ↑ StarN - "레이디스코드 1주기 추모 음원 ‘I'm Fine Thank You’ 공개"
- ↑ [TRANS] 150822 - ‘I’m Fine Thank You’ Memorial Concert: Messages [Tumblr]
- ↑ Korea JoongAng Daily - "Ladies’ Code returning after tragic accident"
- ↑ allkpop - "EunB's relative, Anchorman Kim, writes out his thoughts on her death"
- ↑ YouTube - LADIES'CODE리얼리티 EP #01
- ↑ YouTube - Ladies' Code EunB's Interview 1 Year Ago [English Sub]